Bullying Speach

As I start my speech, think about the last time you were called names, think about how you felt like you are the only one that gets bullied but in fact you are not alone. There are 2.7 million people that get bullied each year in New Zealand. Hi I'm Kaia and I’m going to tell you about bullying. Sometimes you might feel scared to come to school the next day.

There are 160,000 students that have missed school on any given day in case of being       bullied again. 31% of students at primary school say that they have experienced bullying weekly.
What is a bully? A bully is when you are constantly called names picked on, Telling people things that is not true about you. If you are going to a teacher and say i'm getting bullied double check that you are getting bullied because they might just being mean In my opinion I think that you are getting bullied if they are calling you names or whatever they are doing to you more than three times so if you go to a teacher and say that you are getting think twice the person might just being mean or rude.
Now how can you help? Here are some ways you can help. You  can go up to a friend and take them away and go and tell your teacher or a teacher that they are getting bullied. Teachers might say just stay away from them or you can move away so you can’t see or hear the bully anymore. If this doesn’t work you have to take it to the next step and talk to your mum and dad and arrange a meeting at school with the principal or the teacher
Now I'm going to tell you a story from a 12 year old student
I was a bright kid, my mum was a primary school teacher so yes I started to read The Hobbit. I finished school two years early, after that I spent ¼ of my day in a normal school and the rest of the day at a special needs school. It’s not good being different  also not good having a massive temper. Was i bullied Yes, but I didn't notice it at the time. It’s only looking back I see it was bad. I spent every break in the front of the staff room to avoid getting into fights. My mum went pale when she found out

I never mentioned it to her and the teachers never mentioned it either until I left. Intermediate was better I think, although that's when the girls bullied me the most. But you can't fight a girl because it’s just wrong.At high school, being a librarian had the advantage of being able to eat lunch in the library away from other kids. High school was pretty good after year 10. I think a lot of us are mature around that point. Plus, one person that was a problem and he got expelled after assaulting me during PE in front of several teachers.The next two weeks were pretty bad, his gang of mates probably threatened to kill me about 20 times, up until the deputy principal was walking past the window and heard them. Then they got expelled to.
It's amazing how just a few people can make a difference. And also how different things look when you're not embedded in them.Bullying is a problem. It needs to be solved. In my opinion I see cyber bullying as the worst kind of bullying. It is cowardly and can be very hurtful. It would be better if people could live by the old saying if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it and treat people how you want to be treated

Comments