My Trip To The Roar 2016

Last week me dad and two of dad’s friends went to the roar and this year we got to go to Ryan’s Creek in Haast. We woke up at 5.00 in the morning and I said goodbye to mum and we got in the truck and left. By now we were in Franz Joseph's we went into Foursquare and I got a Sausage roll and dad got I pie. When we arrived in Haast then we went to where the helicopter was and we packed the helicopter and went up to Ryans Creek that was about a 20-minute flight. When we got to camp we set up everything. Then Dad and I went to go for an evening hunt and we crossed the river about 5 times and the river was really strong. Then about ten minutes later we saw a hind which is a female deer and dad shot it,It was shot but it walked off. We went to find it but we didn't then we saw another stag and we shot it and we went over to it and we cut out the stomach and then we had cut the eye fillets and the back stakes and went back to camp. Day 2 We woke up at 6.30 in the morning and then we had breakfast but I only had a hot chocolate and then we went up to the hills and we walked and walked and walked and walked and walked to the top but we went all the way down and we walked and walked and walked and walked and we got back to the river and we got back to camp we didn’t shoot anything that day. Day 3
Was a pit day which means you don’t go hunting we did’nt go because it was raining and the river rose so they were to high to cross. Day 4 We woke up at 6.30 and we went to a diffrent hill and we walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and we got to the top and saw nothing so we walked and walked and walked and walked all the way to the river and we didin’t see anything on the way down and we went back to camp. Day 5 we woke up at 5.00 in the morning and we didnt go in the hills that day we spotlighted our way up to the forks and when it got to daylight and we saw a stag and I shot it and I cut out the back stakes and and the eyefillet it was only a two pointer.



Comments

  1. Hi Kaia,

    You are a very lucky young man. I am very jealous. This sounds like the hunting trip of a lifetime. When you described the walking on day two you used repetition of the word 'walked' to show how much walking there was. Next time you could try to use adverbs and more adjectives to tell us how hard the walking was E.g. We started off walking enthusiastically, after 5 hours we were exhausted.

    I look forward to hearing about more hunting adventures.

    Cheers,

    Mr McAulay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am jealous! I'm looking forward to when my children are a bit older so I can do the same with them. I need to get out with Mr McAulay in the near future too to work on my hunting skills. I agree with your teacher's comments regarding the zealous use of 'walking'. Although, ironically, I was exhausted reading these phrases so I was feeling your pain! www.mrsinton-white.blogspot.com

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks,

Kaia